Saturday, January 7, 2012

A mommy-daughter date to remember.

Today was one of those days you simply don't want to forget.  Since M was little, Trev and I started taking her on Daddy/Mommy-Daughter dates.  It is basically where she gets a little time out with one of us.  We usually do something fun and then get a bite to eat.  J gets them now as well.  They have proven to be incomparable in building our one-on-one relationships with our kids.  We connect with each kid, we learn more about them, we find out what is going on with them.  A&C haven't started these yet, but probably will soon.  I highly recommend this for any family.  It truly is great.


Some dates are just normal, but today I had a GREAT date with Morgan.  Next month she turns 8.  This is a big milestone in her life because she has the opportunity to get baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It is a big moment and she has been looking forward to this for a LONG time.  Among the other special things about this day (more on that when it arrives) she gets a new beautiful white dress to symbolize her purity.  Today for our Mommy-Daughter date, we went shopping for "the dress" and out to lunch afterward.  I get emotional just thinking about the experience.  It was one of those great moments for a mother and daughter.  Gave me a glimpse into what wedding dress shopping might feel like. :)  One day...I need my little girl a little longer. :)


So here's what happened:
We began the morning with going to Morgan's friend, Faith's baptism.  The Spirit was so strong, and it was so neat to see Faith's older brothers teaching her about Baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  I LOVE this gospel!!!  After the baptism we headed out.  We went to a couple stores...and found a couple she liked, but we weren't sold yet.  Then we went to the final store...
Maybe...




Maybe...



 YES!!!  This is the one.





My feelings were just about bursting out of my chest seeing my little girl in this lovely white dress!  She looked so beautiful and she even had black boots on underneath...I am just going to die when she I see her all done up for her pictures and special day!!!  Awww...I love this sweet thing.


On the drive and between stores we chatted.  We talked about her upcoming baptism, concerns she had at school with standing up for herself the way Christ would, and even planned out her birthday party.  On the way home we ate a yummy lunch at Paradise Bakery.  MMMmmmm.....








Loved this date, LOVE this growing girl.

2 comments:

The Foulgers said...

Oh my goodness, this post made me teary eyed. Trevor turns 8 next month as well, they grow up too fast! She looks so beautiful in her white dress.

Nikki said...

Morgan is such a sweetheart!!