Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Morning 2011

Before I reveal the magical morning, I have to take a moment and document all the fun leading up to the BIG day!  I don't have pictures, so this is for my memory...


In December - We started things off with a date night to Cetabellos (our fav pizza restaurant in SLC) temple lights, and hot chocolate with just my sweetheart.  LOVED this night.  We usually take the kids each year...and it winds up being a bit of a disaster, so we went alone this time...really romantic. :)  
We watched the Annual First Presidency Christmas Devotional...Morgan had a GS christmas cookie exchange...the Bullock family (Trev's Mom-side) Christmas Party...Addie's (cousin) Baptism...and the Ward Christmas Party.  
Then came Morgan's Dance Recital...GNO with my SIL's for Heather's Bday...saw New Year's Eve...sorta lame...then had the Lighten Christmas Party.
Jake had a friend Bday party...we had a "Mormon Cocktail Party"...really FUN!  Martinelli's was my drink of choice...loved the time with my neighbors and REALLY fun idea!  Thanks Belshes! :)
We also did a couple "secret elves" missions to try and get the kids to think of, and serve others at this time of the year.  This was something we will do every year.  I hope that in the future it works out better but Morgan LOVED being sooo sneaky. :)


That brings me to this point...Christmas EVE...and Christmas morning!
Christmas Eve we just hung out at home.  We cooked, cleaned, and deliver neighbor treats for most of the day, getting ready for the big event.  For dinner, we had roast, potatoes, and Yorkshire puddings...Hmmm...I love Trev's English heritage! :)  After which his parents stopped by to bring presents. :)  They always get our kids the coolest things!  
After they left, opened Christmas Jammies, and watched DVD, Joy to the World.  It was all about Christ's birth and the miracles surrounding it.  My kids were enthralled...M&J are really starting to get these things.  I love that!  We ended the night with setting out homemade Oreos and Hot Chocolate for Santa, checked his location on the Internet, kissed the kids goodnight, and sent them off to bed.
In the meantime, Trev and I watched Christmas Story (one of Trev's fav Christmas traditions) and awaited the Big Man's arrival!  


This is what we found the next morning!  (yes...I actually have pictures of this...proud of me???  especially now that you see how much I don't have pictures of. :) )















Yeah...they pretty much scored!  Trev got a weekend trip to St. George to see Brian Regan, Cougar gear for his man-cave, and his fav candy...seafoam.  I got new boots, a mustard scarf, a couple of books I wanted, and anything else I saw for myself while out shopping. :)  After the presents were all open, and the dust settled, we sat down for a yummy Christmas morning casserole breakfast.  The kids weren't too keen on it...especially Morgan (our Egg-hater).  But we (Trev and I) enjoyed it thoroughly. :) 


Next up was Church at 10:30 am.  We moved to the 2:30 pm time slot so this was a bitter-sweet day.  Early church, 1 hour, mostly songs.  LOVED IT...sad to see our nice time slot go. :(
After church we came home, had lunch, and headed off to Gma&Gpa Dodson's house in Richmond.  My brother is on his mission in AZ, so we went up there to skype with him. :)  We also ate a scrumptious dinner and opened more presents...kids got rollerblades, and a little girl train track, I got jeans, and Trev got a new speaker thing for our room.  He loves it!


It was a great day...one of those days you want to encase in your memory.  It truly was a Merry Christmas, full of love, family, and happy moments together.

3 comments:

Shari G said...

My inlaws "The Gordon's" are on a mission in Phoenix, AZ. Where's your brother serving?!?

Kasey Lighten said...

He is in the Tempe Arizona Mission...where are your in-laws??

Heidi said...

Loved the photos of the kids opening their presents.