Thursday, January 12, 2012

Jr. Jazz

Jake has started Basketball...a moment he has been anxiously awaiting since I signed him up months ago...he asked just about every week "Do I start basketball yet???"  So when the big day came he was stoked!  And asked about every 10 minutes that day when we could go to his game.  He (and me) are very excited it started. :)  Now he just asks when his NEXT game is. :)


Here he is with his cute little team.  They practice first and then play games after.  I only got pictures of the practice this time, but don't worry...the season last 8 weeks so I am confident I will get some good action shots too.  First Trev and I have to "finish" training the girls to sit by us instead of running off...this may take a few weeks and I wonder what the other parents around must be thinking of our "tough love" tactics. :)  In our defense...well, nevermind.  I don't need to  defend right? :)  Let's just say it worked with Sacrament meeting...it will work here. :)


Without further adue or diversion...





Jake is #25 in case you were wondering. :)  More on this in future posts.  For now, GO JAZZ! :)

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I loved your goals post. Such a great idea & a tender moment with Jake. So great! Also, I love that you do one-on-one dates with your kids. We have been talking about starting that with our three oldest. Several years back, we were eating dinner at Applebees. We somehow got talking to a man and his son who were sitting next to us. They told us that their family did "dates" with their kids once a month. The kids get to pick what they do (within reason) and then they go do it. I loved this idea & we decided when our kids were a little older, we would start doing it. We decided that 2012 was the right year, so we are hoping to start next week with our first date. :)