Thursday, January 26, 2012

How I LOVE blogging!

I just have to take a minute and say that I LOVE BLOGGING!  I have been up and down with my commitment to this over the years, but I truly love it.  Here is why:


1.  I get such a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction every time I post.  I feel like I am documenting my life and my family...something I don't have much of from my childhood.  I always wonder what I was like as a kid.  What made me tick.  What inspired me.  I can only assume that many of my traits I possess today were present as a youth, but I would love to have seen how those aspects of my personality, both good and bad, influenced me and my decisions.  I feel like there is this long lost person from my past that I wish I could connect to.  I wish I knew her now.  I wish I could see how she made me who I am today.  But I can't.  My memories of growing up have all but faded.  They are gone...or maybe just stuck in the recesses of my brain waiting to be pulled forward.  I should really try to access them more.  Maybe one day when my mind is not full with way too many other things.  Ahhh...someday. :)
But I digress.  I love that this blog gives me a way to journal.  I have come to know more about me as I have done it.  I also find joy in knowing that my kids will have their childhoods recorded...just in case their memories are as foggy as mine. :)


2.  I also LOVE reading other mom's blogs.  They truly inspire me.  They give me ideas.  They make me want to be better.  They remind me of how much I love this job.  They point out the good and I love that.  I also love when they point out the bad.  It gives me comfort. :)  I love that I feel like I am apart of this society of mothers out there who are feeling and experiencing similar things.  My favorite are the ones with great pictures too...I feel like I know these women and their neat families.  So a big thank you to all you other blogging mama's out there.  


I am so glad I found this outlet and that at least for now, it is increasing the quality of my life, and hopefully will show my kids one day that quality of theirs. :)


Happy blogging!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Amen!

Martin Family said...

Kacey,

Hey there, congrats on the calling. You will be wonderful. I wanted to answer your camera questions. I purchased the 7D last year and really liked it however I felt like I couldn't get the natural lighting that I was trying to get in low light. My SIL has had the 5D forever and I could see a big difference (there is also a huge price difference too). I struggled with the price but made the jump this year. I LOVE the 5D Mark II. I would suggest you save up and make the jump if you feel completely committed to taking pictures. This camera can handle most all low light situations which was my biggest complaint with my 7D.

You also asked about the consequences... the 3 different levels are for different levels of good or bad acts. Sometimes the act deserves a small consequence like talking nice, helping out or a bigger reward Straight A's. Not sure if that makes sense. Let me know.
Looks like you guys are doing great. Your kids are beautiful.

sarah

Heidi said...

And l enjoy reading your blogs. Keeps me in touch with what you guys are doing over there.