Friday, June 14, 2013

Swim Lessons for All, Tennis Lessons for Morgan, Running Love, and Summer Date Nights

The very first week school was out we hit the summer running with swim lessons for all the kids, and tennis lessons for Morgan.









They all did really well!  Their instructors were all so darling and fun.  I truly think the personality of the person teaching the kids these things makes all the difference!  If they are knowledgeable and easy-going the kids have a great time.  If they are easily annoyed by the learning curve of children or short attention spans then it is just miserable for all.  This year we lucked out big time!  I am so grateful because it also seems to affect their view of the sport they are learning as well.  Swim and tennis lessons are officially over now, but they are two fun, active sports that we will be doing as a family for the rest of the summer. :)

Another sport we like around here is running. We like it a lot actually. :)  Summer running is the best.  Warm sun, open road or trails, training plans for races, the high of a great run, and the energy and confidence you feel throughout your day knowing that you ran.  LOVE!  This year, Trev and I are doing marathons.  Trev did the Ogden Marathon back in May.  He ran it with his brother, Rich.  It rained the entire time, but those guys sure did well, finishing around 3:50.  A great time!  Epsecially in the pouring rain! :)



This is how we cheered him on from the comfort of our warm office. :)

The kids even are beginning to run around here.  Here they are at their school's 5K.  Jake was one of the first ones to finish in the school!  He is so athletic, just like his dad.



Morgan runs like me.  For fun and with uplifting friends.  We are athletic as well, but more on the social side. :)



I am currently training to run the St. George marathon in October.  I have loved the training so far!  It is so fun to have a hard goal your working towards.  Even on those mornings when I don't feel like getting up, I NEVER regret going running.  It fuels my whole day.  Like I said, we love running around here.  Lately I have been taking the kids running with me on my shorter runs.  I run, they either ride in the stroller, scooter, or rip-stick.  It is so neat to be out doing this with them and encouraging them to be active and enjoy exercise.  Something that took me into adulthood before I really liked it. :)  Hopefully this will give them a head-start. :)

Another one of my favorite things that we do is Date Night.  Kid's date night, and our date night.  Each Thursday, either Trev or I will take on of the kids on a date.  Just a little one-on-one time.  It is so neat to get them alone.  I feel like these dates help us to get to know them as individuals so much better.  They love it, we love it.  Yesterday I went with Claire.  We rode the electric scooter down to the Johnny Rockets by our house, split a S'mores shake, and did a little shopping.  She was so cute and fun to be with, and I am sure we were quite a sight on that little scooter together. :)  How I adore my Claire-Bear.




For our last couple date night, Trev and I went to Blue Lemon for dinner, and then to the Utah County Parade of Homes where I found the house I want to move into.  



Too bad I don't have $600,000 plus the lot premium to spend on it. :)  Shoot.

But it was super fun to get see all the houses anyway.  So many new designs, color schemes, and beautiful workmanship.  You can't help but be in awe.  We hope to see some more this weekend. :)

When it is all said and done however, I don't even care what we do as long as Trev and I get a little time just for each other.  We were told when we first got married to go on a date together each week.  Even when it is hard.  So we have made that a priority in our marriage and it is truly a treasure to me.  If he or I have had a difficult week, or even if we haven't, the time where we just get to be alone together strengthens our relationship so much!  

I sure love this handsome, sweet, hard-working, kind man of mine.


Now to start planning a great Father's Day for him.  He is the BEST father, and boy are we going to treat him this Sunday. :)


No comments: