Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My 5th Baby and Final Pregnancy (I think...)

I say "I think..." because that is how I really feel.

"I think" we are done.  Pretty sure.  

But we haven't consulted Heavenly Father on that yet - so when that time comes that I actually ask, I will know for sure.  But for now...we are done; with 5 great kids to show for it. :)

As per feeling done; I approached this pregnancy differently than I had with my others.

I wanted to do this "really well."  In fact, that was my mantra - "do this well."

In my mind, this meant a couple of things:

1.  Eat, sleep, and exercise as best I could to help my body and growing baby thrive.  I actually went off treats (except for on holidays) throughout my pregnancy - knowing that if I did that I would consistently feel better.

2.  No complaining or whining.  I have been pregnant before and knew full well what to expect.  When the tough times came, as I knew they would, I was going to chin-up and be positive instead of complaining or feeling sorry for myself.  I was going to be strong and work on being cheerful and grateful - no matter what.

3.  Enjoy the experience.  Being pregnant is truly a remarkable thing.  I mean, seriously, you have a precious baby growing inside you.  There are so many tender moments that come along with that and I wanted to notice and treasure them.  

These were a few of the facets of my approach to this pregnancy and I can't even describe how much each of these affected me over the last 9 months.  Suffice it to say that this pregnancy was seriously my best!  I wish I had approached my other pregnancies so deliberately.  I felt amazing the entire time and was able to keep up with my family and life the same way I had before.  It was truly astounding and after my pregnancy was over I felt such a sense of accomplishment!  I had done what I set out to do...I had "done it well."

In addition to these few facets, I also wanted to actually take some pregnancy pictures of me.  I hadn't done this before but felt that one day I would want to see myself as a pregnant, young mom.  

I would want the flood of memories I would have looking at my former self.  I would want the pull on my heart as I reminisced these early years.

So my sweet sister, Jessica, came down with her new fancy camera and helped me capture this phase of my life.

To my future self: This is you carrying Eliza at 8 months along - 5th and final baby.  We also called her Baby Peanut for the first 6 months.  You rocked this!  Great job!  Be proud of yourself. :)























3 comments:

Ammon and Bre said...

Kasey, everything about this is beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. This one post has entirely changed my perspective on the privilege of pregnancy - hopefully one day I will have the opportunity again to "do it well" as you say. As always, you are stunning. Thank you for being a voice for good.

Maughan"sters" said...

Beautiful Kasey, Great job Jess!!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love the pics! You look great!!