Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Catching the Light

Summer is my favorite time to take pictures.  Hands down!

The reason is that the light is so bright and everything is so green.  I just love the way the colors pop.  So today I was determined to catch some of that fantastic light showing off my favorite subjects, my kids. :)

However, after seeing my husband's reaction when I told him of my plans to do a mini-shoot with the kids, I decided to just take my oldest, ML.

She is normally my one that is the hardest to get pictures of because she always looks away from the camera.  But I thought, hey, I have the time and want to capture her in this age right now so we headed out.  And wouldn't you know it?  She suddenly turned into a model!  














Oh she showed up for this one! :)  "It's make your momma proud time!"

I also needed a little time with her.  We had somewhat of a tough week.  I forget that she is only 9.  I expect so much from her.  I always have.  

I needed this time to reflect on her as a kid.  Not the oldest.  Not the helper.  Not the peacemaker.  Just her.  Her childhood.  How I love this one who is so patient with a mother who is learning.

Heavenly Father knew I would need her as my first. :)

What a blessing she is to me.

When we got back here is what we found:

Claire and her rolly-pollies.  She collects these all day long.



Mr. and his basketball.  This kids is a sports nut just like his dad.

What a wonderful thing it is to be a mother.

Even if I do have kids screaming because they don't want to go to bed as I write this. ;)

There is always light to be captured.

No comments: