Friday, October 25, 2013

Finally....

Wow what a whirlwind few months it has been!  SO many wonderfully busy things keeping me from blogging.  But the point is I am living right?!  Living and loving this sometimes hectic, but joy-filled life.  How grateful I am for it.

Especially when I get to take a moment to reflect on it by FINALLY getting around to pulling the memories off my camera.  

These memories were made back in July.  After many years of holding off, Trev and I decided it was high-time he joined his brother, Rich, nephew Geoffrey, and father Geoff, on adventure-filled fishing trip to Alaska!  To say they had a good time would be a massive understatement.  I mean how could you not when you are hiking in areas like this:






And pulling in fish like this:












Thanks to this trip, timeless memories were made.  Including watching Grandpa Geoff have an interesting reaction to a patch intended to help with motion sickness.  :)  Not to mention that my freezer is PACKED with the best fish in the world!  We eat a lot of fish tacos these days. :)

While Trev was off having the experience of a lifetime, the kids and decided to head north as well.  To Richmond, Utah , to spend sometime with my family.  We met up a the Jump Zone in Logan and the fun began!








Next stop, Grandma's house!  Growing up, I was not close with the FEW cousins I had...these kids don't even know how good they have it.










This girl consistently wins the Favorite Aunt award...she is so fun and sweet with all the kids...and the bribery doesn't hurt either. :)

The next day we hit up the Logan Aquatic Center.  This is rapidly becoming a summer tradition for me and my kids.  It is seriously the best place.  We stay for hours on end. 





Sure love these sisters of mine!











Fun right?!  Well we still had a birthday to celebrate...our baby of the crew, Tyken.










To round things out, the older kids and I decided to hit up a rodeo, in true Cache Valley fashion!  






Only to find it was sold out and the fair behind us only took cash...something I never carry with me. :(  The kids were pretty bugged, but I got them a treat on the way home and talked about how sometimes things don't work out and that being negative only makes it worse.  Wish I could remember that sometimes. :)

Life lessons for all.

Oh how I love pictures because it reminds you how much fun you are having even when things are busy, hectic, stressful, and just plain tough.  

What a great weekend we had and how grateful I am for the walk down memory lane.  Love this life and family of mine.  :)

More memories to come so stay tuned....

2 comments:

Ammon and Bre said...

Kasey, I love all of your posts - they motivate me to be a better wife and mother!

I vividly remember having the push pops at your house in the summertime while I was growing up. They were the best! Glad to see that sweet treat continues into the next generation.

I sure love you and your whole family!

- Brelynn

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like great trips for all of you!