Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentines' Day is seriously becoming one of my favorite holidays! Beautiful colors, hearts, flowers, candy...what else is there?! :)

To celebrate this year we did a couple of fun things.
First, on Monday nights during the winter the Dinosaur Museum at Thanksgiving Point offers free crafts, activities, and other fun things for families for membership holders. We try to hit these up once in a while for our Family Nights - and in keeping true to the season, the first Monday in February was "Cupid's Quest." The festivities included a Cupid's Arrow Archery section (which Jake was crazy-good at), dinosaur Valentines' card-making table, and a Love Letter bean bag toss. In addition, there was a lips, cupids, and angels scavenger hunt throughout all the exhibits. The kids loved it! Here are some of the pics. :)
The other fun thing we did was of course, make Valtentines'! Both Morgan and Jake had Valentines' exchanges at school. So I took a couple trips to the store trying to find Valentines' cards with candy and guess what??!! SOLD OUT!!! 3 DAYS BEFORE!! I couldn't not attach candy to my kids Valentines' so I bought some suckers and ribbon, and VOILE...super-cute cards!! :) For their teachers, I made these yummy mint truffles and bagged them up in some cute, festive wrapping. They turned out adorable so I had to blog about it! :)

The kids' Valentines'


The teachers' Valentines'

Jake came in as I was making the truffles and caught a glimpse of the yumminess brewing in the kitchen. This was his reaction after I told him he couldn't eat any... :) Sad.

4 comments:

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Ha...love that pic of Jake at the end. He's hilarious and SO GROWN UP :(

Maughan"sters" said...

You need to call me over next year to help make those yummy treats :)

Beck said...

That is a classic face! Love it! And I love your Kiss and candy jars decor.

The Foulgers said...

So I think you need to post the recipe for those truffles, they look devine!
I can't believe the candy was sold out, so random!