Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Wrap-Up

Whew...what a fun day!  Some many activities, so much love.  Great memories.  (Even better, now that I have my new camera to preserve them with! :) )  


Here is how the rest of the day played out.


Kids came home from school LOADED with candy and Valentine's trinkets.





Here are the Pinterest-inspired Valentine's they made and handed out.  They were a lot cuter in my mind, but hey they turned out cute enough. :)  Sometimes that is all the matters. :)





Abby and Claire raiding the spoils...







Then a "Heart-Attack" for Dad.  He was really touched and we all loved seeing his face as he read about all the reasons why we love him.






As my present to Trev, I made him a DELISH (if I do say so myself) dinner - Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta, steamed asparagus, Apple, Pecan, and Blue Cheese salad, and cupcakes for dessert.  We had Martinelli's for our drink and the meal was devoured by all. :) My favorite part was listening to Trev go, "mmmm,mmmm,mmmm" with each bite!  Part of his love language is good food...I think I knocked that piece out of the park. :)  Although, I wish I could take credit for the recipes...those were all thanks to the Pioneer Woman. :)


In addition to my Camera (ahhhh!!!) my honey also brought me these:




I am a sucker for roses...that could come from two areas - the fact that I am a girl, or that my grandfather was enamored with roses and I was enamored with him.  Probably both. :)  


This truly was a great Valentine's.  It made me take time from busy life to really think about my kids and honey.  I spent a lot of time thinking how I could communicate my love to them.  I tried to figure out their love language and speak it.  In return, they spoke mine.  Suffice it to say that there was "love at home" yesterday.  I hope the spirit of this special day continues all year.  I know it made me think about how I need to remember to make these efforts on a regular basis...even, and especially when life gets in the way.  


Hope you all had a great LOVE Day. :)  Now on to Morgan's 8th Birthday!  That's tomorrow...stay tuned. :)

No comments: