Friday, February 10, 2012

Random Happenings

We have just been up to the usual lately, I just haven't had time (or energy really) to blog about last weekend yet because Trev was out of town this week. :)  I swear, every time he is gone (which isn't too often luckily) I realize just how much I need him.  In every way.  More sappy stuff coming up in future posts...with Valentine's rapidly approaching and our 10 year anniversary the sap will be free-flowing. :)


But for now, just a slew of pictures from last weekend. :)


First we started off THIF (thank heavens it's Friday) with a little trip to the aquarium.  I just took Jake and the girls so Trev could get some work done at home...Morgan was still in school. :)  It was a quick visit because we were meeting my mom to pick up my sister, but we had a good time regardless. :)  We saw lots of fish, sea otters, penguins, sharks, sting-rays, tarantulas, and tons of other sea life.  So fun!

















This is Jake trying on an otter mask before leaving. :)  It was so funny I almost bought it...almost. ;)


After picking up my little sister, Jessica (or as we call her "Hessica"), we headed back home to do a family pizza and movie night with the kids.  The movie of choice?  Kung Fu Panda 2.  That show is REALLY so funny!  Trev and I quote it now to each other...maybe we're dorks??  Any ways...


The next morning Morgan had a "She and Me Valentine" Craft activity for Brownies we went to.  It was just the two of us, mother/daughter thing and it was really cute.  They had tons of crafts and her whole troop was there with their moms.  I love these little outings. :)


The crafts included making a "magic 8-ball", sparkle necklaces, pop-top hair clips, and a girl scout scrapbook.  They also had the girls write letters to send to the soldiers oversees.  Really cute.  










I have to apologize for this picture quality...makes me want my new camera SOOOO bad!  Ahhhh!


After we got back from this, we did our typical "Saturday cleaning session" and I had a Baptism to attend.  Promptly after the baptism, Hessica and I headed out to get pedicures!  This was so heavenly.  My feet needed the pampering, and my soul needed some alone time with my sister.  She had a rough week, thanks to some retarded boy and his inconsiderate comments, and so it was nice to just get out with her.  I sure love her so.





I ended my night and week with a nice dinner-date with my honey.  We tried this new place, La Jolla Groves, in the Riverwoods mall, and it was OOOhhh so amazing!  The food was great, the company was even better, and the ambience in that restaurant is sooo inviting!  We will go back!  I highly recommend it. :)  The pictures don't capture any of it, but what can you expect from asking a college-kid waiter to take your pictures.  By the way...this lemon cake dessert was DIVINE!!!





The next morning was Sunday.  Hessica was going back home, but not before the girls got a little more attention...they LOVE when Jess comes. :)  We are all sad when she goes. :(





Our church doesn't start until 2:30 p.m. now, so we are always looking for Sunday activities for the kids to do while we wait.  Coloring is usually on the docket. :)


We finished off the day with meetings for me, church for everyone, and then a Super Bowl party at our house afterward.  Let's just say it was a jam-packed weekend, but lots of great memories!  I love weekends like that. :)  On to this one...

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like a great weekend! I love jam-packed weekends like that.