Sunday, March 3, 2013

Moran turns 9!

It's official...she is halfway to adulthood!


I said that to Trev on Morgan's birthday and he said I was a debbie-downer. :(

But I am just so proud of the amazing little lady this girl is turning into.

Let me give a sampling of what I mean in a little segment called...

9 Things We Love About Morgan

1.  She is one of the most Christ-like people I know.  She is always there to help someone in need.  She loves to care for people.  The other day she got a positive award from school for helping a special needs boy with his typing in computers.  This is VERY typical of our sweet ML.

2. She loves to bake us treats!  She is also VERY good at  it.  Her chocolate chip cookies are getting better than mine.  

3. She is loyal.  She stands up for her beliefs and her family.  She is not afraid to voice her opinion.  And whenever she has "friend-issues" they usually involve her not knowing how to balance the feelings of two opposing friends.  She wants to be there for both of them.  She is true to who she is.  

4. Her artistic ability.  This girl is a natural artist.  She is very creative.  Her drawings are incredibly good and her writing is a joy to read.  Honestly.  I could totally seeing her writing and illustrating a book someday. She is that good!

5. Her snuggles.  Ever since Morgan was a baby, she has been very affectionate.  She would snuggle me all day long.  As she has gotten older, she crawls up on our laps less and less, but snuggles up next to us just the same.  I love how she lays her head on my lap while we watch movies or shows.  Always melts my heart.

6. She tries so hard.  This girl aims to please.  Not just anyone, but those who she loves and reveres.  She gives new situations and life lessons her best effort.  Of course she falls short now and then, but she definitely gets an A+ for effort.  I love how she puts her all into the things she does.  Especially when she is passionate about them.

7. Seeing her excelling in piano.  Today I was washing dishes in the kitchen and she was practicing her upcoming recital song.  I was amazed at how beautiful it sounded.  She is truly getting it, and I love to listen to her play.

8. She doesn't doubt.  I swear this girl came to us with a testimony intact.  Whenever we are reading scriptures, watching Mormon Messages, praying, at church, whatever, this girl just soaks in the Spirit and understands the principles being taught.  She has faith in her Savior and Heavenly Father.  She doesn't doubt.  She believes and applies.  What an example she is to her siblings and to us of faith.

9. Her wit.  Whenever Trev and I talk about Morgan, we always giggle at how witty she is. She has said somethings to us that just about knock us over with how grown up they sound!  She is wise beyond her years. I often wonder how old her soul is.  For example, one day I was driving home from M&J's soccer games with the kids all in the back.  Jake asked me if I was proud of him for scoring 3 goals.  Trying to emphasize the effort, not the goals, I explained that I was proud of both of them for trying so hard and because of they did, they were both blessed with the success of getting goals.  Morgan replied matter-of-factly, "Well mom, when you try your best, good things happen."  Seriously, how old are you?

We sure love our little ML.

So what did we do to celebrate?  Well, this year was "family party" (meaning no friends party).  We do that of the odd birthday years, evens get friend parties.

Trev happened to be out of town, so I decided to suprise her and invite her 2 cousins, London and Addie, over for a sleepover.  She was totally surprised, and ecstatic about it!  My little sister, Jessica, also joined in the fun. :) This is what we did:

Swimming at the Legacy Center










Pizza, Presents, Cake, and Ice Cream






Late-night Movies, Facials, and Nails






Next morning - Crepes for breakfast and Jewelry-making







After cousins left, Morgan headed off to our present to her...


The first of 3. :)

Here she is waiting to begin watching the Glass Blowing artist hard at work.


The gallery.  Really impressive.





Here she is with her cute little class.


The finished product.


Happy Birthday Darling!  We love you ever so deeply.  Our sweet, special ML.

On a side note, we have also been redoing her bedroom to match the grown up girl.

BEFORE:



AFTER:

Still working on a few more additions, but I am feeling pretty proud of how it is turning out. :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy birthday Morgan

Lindsay and Mike said...

Such a pretty girl! Happy birthday Morgan.