Monday, November 5, 2012

Feeling "Put Off" and Trying to "Put Off" the Natural Man

Yesterday was rough for me.  

It was the perfect storm for lots of reasons.

There were many, many moments that I just wanted to go hide in a closet and cry.  But I couldn't.  So I didn't.  

I could feel the fire of my emotions kindling constantly and igniting at will.  I hate that.

I tried to keep them at bay, but am afraid I was largely unsuccessful.  Especially with those I love the most.  I am just grateful they couldn't hear the thoughts going through my mind.  However, somehow I managed to put on a smile and be kind those outside of my family...what is the deal with that??!!  Why can't I manage that with my loved ones?

Luckily, after I got home things were much better.

I didn't go to bed crying, but I did go to bed thinking...okay, what is my deal?  

I realized I need this morning to figure out what went wrong.

As always, prayer and scripture reading gave me the answer.  I needed to work on self-mastery.

I needed to stop letting myself be "put off" and instead "put off the natural man."

Mosiah 3: 19
"For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yeilds to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the Atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."

I also found my positive thoughts clicker to try and focus on the positive things happening instead of the negative.  The negative pulls down, the positive lifts up.  

I needed this lift today.  Thank you Heavenly Father.  I needed you today.  You never disappoint.

No comments: