Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Personal "Five Facet Review"

As I write this morning, I am sitting at a desk in a hotel room.  I am in a hotel room because my sweet husband booked it for me as a little get-away.  It has been so nice to just have a little time to myself.  Time to think. Time to edit the hundreds of pictures I have from our trip to Europe.  Time to reflect.  Time to evaluate.  Me time.

Have I mentioned how much I love my man?  He is one of my greatest blessings.  Bar none.

This morning I am giving myself a "five-facet" review.  How am I doing in the following areas:
1. Spiritually
2. Emotionally
3. Physically
4. Mentally
5. Socially

I will evaluate myself in all of these areas and pray for guidance as to what I should focus or work on.  

I believe our time on earth is for bettering ourselves.  Trying to become more like our Savior and Father in Heaven.  If we don't evaluate how we are doing once in a while, how will we know what we need to work on?  So with that, I am going to get started.  

Not before however, a few thoughts from the scriptures to be the backdrop of my evaluations.  Here's to putting of the natural man!

"Nevertheless they did afast and bpray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their chumility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the dpurifying and the esanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their fyielding their hearts unto God."   (Helaman 3:35)
                       
"Therefore, asanctify yourselves that your bminds becomecsingle to God, and the days will come that you shall dsee him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will."   (Doctrine and Covenants 88:68)

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I think you're already doing a great job! I mean, I know none of us are perfect...but you seem to be pretty darn close. :)