Monday, April 2, 2012

Jazz, Jimmer, and JAKE!

The other night we had the fortunate experience (again) to go to the Jazz game with our dear friends the Maughans, courtesy of our dear friends the Scanlons. :)  We have been lucky enough to go before (see previous GO JAZZ post) and it was of course, fantastic!  But this time there was someone there that made it even more of a dream come true (if that is even possible)...JIMMER!  


Bio on Jimmer Fredette:  So famous last year that if you don't know who he is you must have been living under a rock. :)  Went to BYU.  Probably the best player we have ever had.  Incredible point guard and 3-point shooter.  He now plays for the Sacramento Kings...wish it was the Jazz. ;)  Just check ESPN.com for further info.  Basically, we LOVE him.  A fact my dear star-struck husband shared with him at a certain moment in the game.  You can do those things when you sit 3rd row and they are right in front of you. :)


But I am getting ahead of myself.  First, the delicious, fancy, dinner.  I decided to pace myself this time with how I ate because I wanted to save room for all the desserts I wanted to devour.  It worked. :)


Here we are just chatting about Moab, California (the trip we will take together in August), and enjoying a great meal. (I would have taken pictures of the amazing spread we had to choose from but I didn't want to look too much like we weren't paying to be there. :))




Then we headed down to catch a glimpse of Jimmer and the Jazz warming up.





Then the Jimmer-show began...actually he didn't play that well. :(  We were pretty sad for him.


But regardless, it was fun to see him in action.







This is my favorite picture of the night...perfectly described how we felt. :)


The game was pretty close at the end...as you can see.







The Jazz wound up losing. :(  But win or lose, I find close games much more exciting.  It was really exciting!


I simply can't put into words how fun these Jazz games have been.  They have solified this Colorado-born-and-raised-Nuggets-girl a Jazz fan. :)  I was never truly devout, so the switch-over wasn't too painful. ;)  To complete the change I just need some Jazz apparel.  





Now then...we love Jimmer, but JAKEY is our favorite athlete!  The very next morning this little man had his first soccer game of the season.  I truly love watching him play!




Here they are pre-game, strategizing (as much as 5-6 year olds can do that) to defeat the pending opponent.


This guy in his pink blanket was the time keeper.




Let the game begin!





The cheering section:









Doesn't she look cheery?! 


Jake scored 1 goal in the first half...here they are at half-time resting and gearing up for more.





Bring it on...





These little "Yellow Ninja's" played great...I think they lost (we don't keep score technically but the men always seem to know who came out on top).  


But it sure is one of those really fun moments of parenthood to watch your kids playing a sport they love.  Especially since you love them so much. :)




Well, that complete our sports-section of our weekend...stayed tuned for a full General Conference report. ;)


If you are thinking to yourself, "what the heck is General Conference?...go here:  www.lds.org

1 comment:

Maughan"sters" said...

What great pictures! I'm sorry it took me so many times to get one of you and Trev! Your new camera intimidates me!! It was a fun night!