Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Look Up.

Today started out rough.

For a couple of reasons...none of which really matter or are worth mentioning.  But it was rough just the same.  

But then I read the scriptures with my family over a breakfast of Cheerios, oranges, and yogurt.

I prayed inwardly, and outwardly for that matter, for the Spirit.

It came.  Thank heavens.

Then my family left every which way, school, work, Max and Ruby. :)  I was left with a few minutes to read a conference talk and pray some more.  This time for a better remainder of the day.

It is happening.  I can feel my soul calming.  My smile is inching it's way back.

My Heavenly Father and Savior are so aware of me.  They know me.  They love me.  They comfort me in these rough moments.

Who knows, maybe within the next few minutes I will be able to share that love with others again. :)  But for now, I just want to feel it.  To keep it all to myself.  To soak it in, until I feel it bursting outside of me forcing me to share it.  But that is ok.  I guess that may already be happening because I am now sharing it will the entire cyber-world!  I hope you can all feel it as I feel it now.

God loves us.  He is there for us always, and especially when things get rough.

This is just one of the quotes from the healing conference talk I read:

"We are Heavenly Father's children.  He wants to be a part of our lives, to bless us, and to help us.  He will heal our wounds, dry our tears, and help us along our path to return to His presence. As we look to Him, He will lead us...

The lord is my light; then why should I fear?
By day and by night his presence is near....
He is my joy and my song.
By day and by night he leads...me along.

I bear testimony that sins are forgiven and burdens are lightened as we look to Christ.  "Let us remember him...and not hang down our heads," for as President Monson said, "It is better to look up."
Elder Carl B. Cook
Member of the Seventy
Oct. 2011

This day may have started rough, but it is already "looking up."

Hope you all have a great day, and if it gets rough, might I suggest trying to LOOK UP.

No comments: