Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Swim Lessons 2011

This summer has been very busy, but lots of fun.  Now that school is about to start, maybe I will get a chance to document the past few months. :)  Maybe not, we'll see. :) 

So the summer, as with the last few summers, began with swim lessons.  I have to start out by explaining that due to a lack of learning how to swim properly, I actually am a bit afraid of the water.  I believe if I felt like I was a stronger swimmer, that I could enjoy water a lot more.  So at some point, I will join an Adult Swim Class and learn to swim.  For now, however, I am just insisting that my kids learn properly so hopefully they won't have the same, irrational, fears that I do. :)
This year the M&J learned diving, treading water, front stroke, back stroke, and of course, jumping off the diving board.  They always love their swim lessons and they learned a lot.  In fact, Jake has now joined Morgan in that he can be in the pool without any flotation device what-so-ever!  So nice when they get to that point. :)
Here are the pics:









During the lessons, the girls and I would sit on the side, watch, and eat snacks.  Can't beat that right??!!! :)
They will probably start swim lessons next year. 

Stay tuned for more summer fun...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Have lessons Kasey, you will miss out fun with the kids if you don't. Like you, I never learned to swim properly as a child (I was nearly 30 when I had lessons) and now I am fine in the water and swim weekly.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! Next year, you'll be able to sit there and read a book, or do whatever you want, since all your kids will be in lessons! How sweet will that be?