Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Our Birthday Boy!

Today my boy turns 7!  How fast the time goes by...how nostalgic birthdays make me. :)

But honestly, how did he go from this:



To this:



So darn fast??!!!

I have a total Mom Crush on this kid!  He melts my heart so much.

Here is how we celebrated before school.







During lunch I took Blow-Pops for his birthday treat to his school.  I love to see how much his friends and teacher love him...almost as much as I do. ;)  


Tonight we had cake and ice cream together along with Jake's only brothers...the Maughansters.  






They are fantastic neighbors and friends across the street.  They have 3 boys and 1 girl, we have 3 girls and 1 boy.  They are all pretty much the same age and are attached at the hip most of the time.  The Strongo girls next door make up the rest of the "crew."  

Cake and ice cream quickly morphed into an unexpected birthday party. :)  Complete with Lightening...




Trampoline launching...








and relay races!













Jake told me tonight while I kissed him good night that he LOVED his birthday!  Mommy Paycheck folks. ;)

Tomorrow we will go to Sammy's Burgers for dinner and then the Legacy Center to swim to finish out the festivities.

We sure love this boy of ours.

Here are 7 things I adore about him:
1.  He is my only boy!  So he melts my heart constantly.
2.  He is a nice brother.  He teases his sisters, but he also watches out for them.  They adore him.
3.  He is Dad's buddy.  These two are thick as thieves.  You have to be in this estro-infest house. :)  They are tight.
4.  He gets teary-eyed when he feels the Spirit.  He always wants to do the right thing, even if he doesn't always get it right.
5.  He works SOOO hard!  This kid can work.  He enjoys it, and we know he can be trusted to to do his best.  In every aspect of his life. In school, at home, in sports, etc.
6.  He loves sports and I LOVE watching him play sports.  The current favorite is soccer. Other fav's are football and basketball.
7.  He blows me kisses and winks at me when he leaves to go somewhere.  Told you he is charming...good luck girls. 

This kid will go far.  I will always be his biggest cheerleader.  This boy of mine is special.  How grateful I am that Heavenly Father gave me him.  Just wish I could duplicate him. :)

Happy Birthday buddy!!! Love you!!!

1 comment:

Maughan"sters" said...

I remember when Jake would roll around on the floor at church when he was a baby! I can't believe it's been that long! He's so good looking now! Those are fun pics!