Friday, May 24, 2013

A Birthday Celebration and Inspiration

Last night I went to dinner with some of my favorite people.  The Lighten women.  We went out to celebrate Megan and Jasmine's birthdays.  How I love being with these amazing sisters I have.  They inspire, uplift me, and make me laugh so dang hard!!!



Afterwards, I headed to the temple.  Often times when I go by myself I do initiatory, but this time I decided to do an endowment session (for more info on these see www.lds.org).  It was a very neat experience.  I felt my heart and mind so wide open to feeling the Spirit.  

As I went through the session, the thoughts that filled my mind were surrounded by the principles of sacrifice and consecration.  I came home and wrote in my impressions book (the little book that I carry with me for moments like this) the inspiration I received.  Which of course sealed them into my psyche as I approached my scripture study this morning.

Here is what I learned this morning.

1.  Sacrifice brings us closer to our Savior.

2.  His sacrifice for me can heal and cleanse me if I but utilize the Atonement in my life.
3.  Sacrificing the things of this world are of no real sacrifice because the blessings in the eternal perspective are so much greater.

Sacrifice centers and sanctifies us.  When we are focused on what the Lord wants us to do, then He will do wonders among us.  For us.  

He sacrificed for me.  I can sacrifice for Him.    

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

I love the idea of your little inspiration notebook!