Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring has Sprung Early

Usually in March I am dreaming of Spring.  

This is because I have just endured a few long months of winter.  Heavy snow.  Gray skies.  Bone-chilling cold.  Intense amounts of laundry because of all the bundling.  Piles of drying boots, coats, hats, gloves, snow pants, and anything else my kids use to sled and build snowmen.

I think the part I don't like as much about winter is that I miss the sunshine and the warmth on my skin.

Being in Utah we have some pretty cold winters.

But not this year!  In fact, I keep thinking winter is going to show up any day.  February was 50's and sunny most of the time.  We had like 3 snowstorms (which quickly melted away) this whole winter.

Other than that.  Unseasonably warm and sunny.

It has been so nice out!  Too nice actually.  At church they are asking us to pray for snow.

I think I could say the words but not sure I could mean them. :)

Because here is what you get to do in March when the weather is so nice...

Be outside!

As in, not cramped inside!

Have your husband ask where the shorts are stored.

Go to the park with family and friends.

Enjoy the beauty all around us.











I should probably pray for snow, and will be sad when summer comes and there are forest fires every which way...but for now, I am going to enjoy an early spring.

Then I can just pray for rain when the times comes, right?! :)

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope Jill did not hoon on that skateboard!

Lindsay and Mike said...

This has been the best winter ever. My meteorologist side would love a good winter storm to forecast, but--personally--I've really enjoyed the past few months.