Tuesday, February 4, 2014

School fun and Joy School for A&C

The other day, M&J came home and informed me it was the 100th day of school.  I thought, "wow, seriously?!"  How can we already be that far into the school year???

It has been nothing but nuts around since it started...maybe that is why I hadn't noticed it flying by so fast.  

They also told me it was also Red Ribbon week, which used to be a Drug Awareness program, but is now a Anti-Bullying campaign.  Both are great causes, and both have the same fun themed days.  I remember this as a kid and I love seeing my littles enjoying it as well - along with learning some great principles.

Here they are a few years ago on Crazy Hair day:




 Here they are this year dressed in digs from decades past:




I even sported a sweet new-do of my own:



Although this one I think I will have to do more. :)  LOVED it!

As I was reflecting on these fun school things I realized I never even posted the pictures from kids first day of school this year.  Woops. :)

So here they are, all gussied up and ready for the first day of school and showing what grade they are in.








Trev takes them on First Day of School breakfast dates to Kneaders and then brings them back home so they can walk with their crew.  Until we went and switched them to Early Birds after couple weeks and now they walk alone.  Sad?




Man I adore these neighbor kids!

Here is Abby trying to charm Trev into taking her to breakfast too.  She gets her way with him a lot so I was a bit surprised she didn't this time.



As for Abby and Claire, I decided to do their preschool myself this year.  I was nervous but I am so glad I did.  We are doing more of a Joy School (www.valuesparenting.com) than preschool, but I am also trying to get them Kindergarten ready...which starts in August.  Holy Smokes!



We have had plenty of adventures together.  Such precious time with them.


























What a great school year it has been already for these guys.

Lucky kids. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Such cute pictures! Your joy school looks fun. Good job Mama!!