Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Off to school!

Okay, so I have a lot of other stuff I "need" to document (of which I will work on later), but right now, I need to blog about this...because I don't want these thoughts and heart-swellings to get lost into the recesses of my mind.  And, because I have a quiet house to ponder and write (my little girls are at the neighbor's house playing). :)  

After a super-fun summer (more on that later), my sweet M and J sauntered off into the next big chapter of their lives...3rd grade and 1st grade.  These are big years for kids.  

I remember 3rd grade.  My teacher, my friends, learning to write cursive, and memorizing times tables.  I remember that is when my teachers finally started to give up on trying to get me told hold my pencil "properly" while I wrote.  I remember internalizing the idea that I should always SAY NO to drugs (thank you D.A.R.E. program).  I remember starting to realize that I was really smart and that I could retain information...particularly for an upcoming spelling test.  The experiences she has, and the memories Morgan makes this year will stick.  

I vaguely remember 1st grade.  But it is the first time Jake will be away from me all day! :(  I had a hard time letting him go for 1/2 day Kindergarten...but this...oh. :(  I worry for him.  Will he like his teacher?  Will he sit with friends at lunch?  Will his reading improve or will he feel "behind"?  Will he remember where to meet M at the end of the day to walk home with?  Will he be ok without me? That one makes me tear up. :(

Ready or not, here we go:

Trev usually likes to the kids out to breakfast at Kneaders for the first day, but due to early work meetings we had to postpone them until later this week.  Second best thing?  Waffles and fruit, served hot off the griddle in the comfort of our home kitchen. :)

No one complained about the food, just the having to take another picture. ;)  I wanted to say, just wait kiddos, there's a lot more to come. :)





On our way...bags packed, hair done, teeth sparkling, and Oh....more pictures. :)  They were better sports about these ones. :)








Here is the posse of kids they walk to school with.  I sure love these kids.

Here were are!!  Good luck guys!

(J and his teacher, Mrs. Christensen.  Ok, how could he not love this lady?  how could she not just adore him??  SERIOUSLY...I have nothing to worry about.)







I will think about them all day.  I know they will do great and have a great year.  I have shed my tears, documented my feelings, and now time to keep marching on.  I just wish it would slow sometimes.

But here is the bright side - M&J will love school, and I will finally have these 2 to myself for a change.



That is if I can pull them away from their BFF, "Lissie". :)

Here's to a new year! It looks to be a good one. :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

How adorable Kasey!!!