Wednesday, August 22, 2012

After School Chats and Time to Create

So mothers much wiser than me (i.e. Shawni Potheir - www.71toes.com and my cute neighbor, also named Kasey, but spelled Kacy) gave me the cute idea to have a fresh batch of Choc Chip Cookies for my kids when they get home from their first day of school.  The reason being 2-fold, A) to be the fun mom they love coming home to, and B) to have them sit for a minute to tell me about their very first day!

I thought, ummmm...yes, I think I will start this tradition! :)  Have I mentioned I LOVED choc. chip. cookie. dough!  Ohhh baby.


It was also nice because it gave me time to cook with A&C...or just A since C was more interested in watching a show. :)  But A was TOTALLY in!  Especially because I let her lick the beater clean...every child should have the opportunity to do this...frequently.  Just my opinion. :)

So here they are, ready to devour with 5 minutes before M&J get back...



However, not before some major taste-testing. 

*Note to self:  Someone should tell Claire the story of the Little Red Hen... :)

Introducing the official taste-testers:






Inspection = Pass!

Now to the real test...will these scrumptious little treats actually get my kids to spill the beans about 1st day happenings???  OH YEAH!






Morgan's report - Great day!  Great teacher - Mrs. Mangum!  She is young and pretty.  SUPER-nice.  No teasings from Everett (a boy who embarassed her last year after he spotted her kissing Jake goodbye before Kindergarten and told her whole class).  Sits by her BFF, Alex Belshe!  Enjoyed her lunch.  One kid had birthday in her class.  All around perfect start to a new year.  CHECK!

Jakester - GREAT DAY!  BEST TEACHER!  A friend (Kennedee Hotchkiss) of the girl he liked last year (Emma Hughes) is in his class and he chased both of them at recess.  (have I mentioned he is enamored with cute girls?  Oh boy.)  Hung out with a few old friends in his class, made some new ones.  Sat at lunch on an ALL BOY row.  Proud that he sat down first and all the boys followed suit next to him.  Made it home safe.  Missed his mom. :)  CHECK!

All is well with school so far.  I am so relieved.  Happy moments. :)

So what did I do with myself on Day 2???  Celebrated alone time with the little girls!  First we went to the Thanksgiving Point Barnyard to feed and pet farm animals, ride ponies and tractors, and even almost have their shirts eaten off by a very hungry and friendly cow named Ellie. :)  

Afterward, we went to lunch in the deli and had ice cream cones for dessert.  Then came back home for some mini-Art classes.  I showed them, rather pathetically actually, how to draw a dog.  Or a bunny.  It was supposed to be a puppy.  You be the judge.












This cute thing didn't seem to mind that I am not the most outstanding, or even accurate, artist. :)  But we sure had fun anyway. :)

I have to remark at how I love the picture of above of Claire very deliberately making a line of dots.  She was very focused.  Jake does this type of thing also.  Love when you see sibling personality traits crossing over. :)

It is going to be a fun year for all.

No comments: