Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Weekend at Gma's

My kids LOVE grandma's house.  Are there children who don't?  They get to take a mini-trip, play CONSTANTLY with cousins, eat more treats, and stay up late.  By the end, they are usually spent, but they live it up every minute they have. :)  


Since it is summer, and my kids LOVE grandma's house for reasons stated above,(and because I wanted Trev to build me an entertainment center while we were gone)we headed north to my parents house. :)  


It was party-time from about the minute I arrived.  We got there, put our bags down, and headed to the park for a pizza picnic, and cousin playtime.













This is Jake making the boys laugh with his belching skills...a talent acquired from his father...not me. :)  The boys LOVED it!  The mom's just rolled their eyes.  I just smiled. That's my boy! :)





Does this picture not just scream summertime? I thought so. 





Me and my mom.  I sure love this lady. She is pretty special.  










Cousins just seem to click immediately, don't they?




Two gals, very dear to my heart.


After the park extravaganza it was back to Gma's...where the party continued until my kids just about passed out at 10:30 p.m.!
But really, how could I break this action up??







Why these two are shirtless, you might ask? Jake took of his shirt...something he is known to do...and so the other boys followed suit.  Then the girls.  Pretty soon all the little cousins were shirtless.  I kept mine on, in case you were wondering. :)


The next morning I got up early and went for a BEAUTIFUL run in Logan around Utah State University.  Logan takes my breath away on it's own, but then to get a glimpse back into college life was even better.  I finished my run past the Logan temple.  It felt so good.  Truly rejuvenating.


When I got back, we loaded all the kids, food, floaties, and towels, and headed out to the Logan Aquatic Center.  This place was AWE-SOME!  Shaded picnic tables, waterslides, huge kiddie-pool, diving boards...it basically had it all!  My kids were in heaven...and to have cousins to enjoy it with...EVEN BETTER!  I think we wound up staying for 5 hours!  A record in our house. :)  Afterwards, we headed back, bathed the kids, started shows to wind them down, and then headed to bed.  


So if your curious as to why I have no pictures of this totally fantastic place, the answer is quite simple.
A) Water
B) 9 children under the age of 8


I would be taking no chances with my fancy camera...but next time I go, Trev is coming with me so I can sit back and shoot all I want. :)


The next morning we pretty much just got up, packed up, and headed to lunch before we hit the road home.  I had been bragging to my family about how great Kneaders is, because I noticed a new one in Logan on my way into town.  Now, I have to say that my family is NOT the most adventurous, nor are they notorious for trying (and liking) new things.  But I thought, hey, who wouldn't like Kneaders french toast??!!  Well, I am sad to report that after convincing my family to go there, we arrived and found out that they stopped serving breakfast about an hour prior. :(  So we all got sandwiches instead.  My family wasn't too pleased.  I felt bad. :(  Luckily they still love me...I think. :)  


After a weekend away, it is always so nice to return home...especially when you get home to this:





And him. :)   

No comments: