Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A birthday trip south to see Brian Regan

For Trev's birthday this year, we took a trip down to St. George.  Trev thinks Brian Regan is sooo funny and he just happened to be at the Tuachan Theater ON Trev's bday...so we went. :)


Originally, we were going to be alone on this trip, but after being gone for a few days in Vegas and Phoenix just 3 weeks prior, we decided to bring the kids along.  Plus a nanny...my cute little sister. :)  


It was a fast trip but a very nice little getaway.  Here is what we did in picture-form:


Ate at Red Robin.  A treat indeed...we don't take all the kids out to eat very often.  So they thought it was pretty great.  Thankfully, Red Robin is kids-friendly. :)









We stayed at the La Quinta, swam, and ate a yummy waffle breakfast.  The kids were in over the moon about this as well. :)






















This little gem was my early Mother's Day present...a "purse-camera" bag for my new machine.  Isn't it gorgeous???




After swimming, Jess and the kids ate pizza and hung out in the hotel room, while Trev and I went to meet up with our friends who were also there for the show.  We had dinner together, chatted, and then headed of to our show.  






These are the girls I run with.  Or ran with anyway. :)  This year we have all kind of been doing our own thing, but I have loved every mile we have ran together.  Combined we have run 17 marathons!  I am sure once those babies come we will be back in training. :)  Seriously the BEST post-baby diet ever...train for and run a marathon. :)  Try it next time. :)


Brian Regan was absolutely HILARIOUS!  I literally was tearing up because I was laughing so hard!  It was a great show, and a great night.


The next day we woke up and headed to Zion's National Park.  Trev and I love Zion's and couldn't wait to take the kids.  We rode a shuttle around to see the sites, then hopped off at a trailhead that lead to a waterfall.  The kids did well for the most part.  It was beautiful.  I wish I had pictures but my camera battery was out by the time we got there and I left my charger in Colorado. :(  


After the hike, we had a picnic lunch, then headed back home.  But wait, the fun was not over yet...


On our drive home, this crazy lady started following us.  We tried to shake her, but she tailgated us for over 100 miles!  We even pulled off on a random exit hoping she would continue on and get away from us...she DIDN'T!  She FOLLOWED us off the EXIT!!  She was yelling at us to pull-over...ummm yeah right pyscho!  So we call the cops and the Highway Patrol pulled her over. :)  The kids thought it was AWE-SOME!  After all the fun we had, they said THAT was the best part of the trip. Go figure. :)  Kids.

No comments: