Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Wedding Worth Waiting For.

When Trev was in college, he was fortunate to have an awe-some group of roommates.  They became close and have remained close.  Luckily, they all married fantastic women (if I do say so myself). :)  I adore all their wives.  After many years of searching, the last "TK brother" has finally found his sweetheart.  And that is exactly what she is...a total sweetheart.  All the boys and their wives went down to Mesa, Az to be at the wedding.  It was quite the reunion.  And once again I was reminded of how grateful I am for all those boys and for making my husband part of who he is today, and for their wives who have become such sweet friends to me.  :)  


Since we already needed to get a sitter for the wedding, Trev and I decided to "extend" the trip a bit and stop over a night in Vegas. :)  
We love to vacation there because A)we lived there, and B) since we lived there, we know all the great spots to go. :)  Our mom's thankfully helped with the kids and we had a WONDERFUL time.  Here we are getting into Vegas right at sunset and 70 degree weather...ahhh. :)








We stayed at the Red Rock Resort in Summerlin.  Just outside of Red Rock Canyon.  Trev brought his new mountain bike and took a nice ride the next morning while I ran around Summerlin.  Summerlin is SOOO beautiful.  Very clean, perfectly manicured, and sort of snobby...kind of like me. ;)


We ate at one of our favorite sandwich places...and I thoroughly enjoyed the "Bobbie."




After exercising and eating we did some SERIOUS lounging poolside at the resort.  It was heavenly.  Except I think becoming a busy mom has ruined my ability to just sit and do nothing.  I get antsy.  Trev was set because he had his new toy the Kindle, and could read the whole time.  I had my camera...so can you guess what I did? :)  That's right.  Took pictures. :)








After lounging...more eating. :)  This time...Cheesecake Factory.  That place NEVER gets old!





Early the next morning, we headed to Phoenix. Not to be sappy, but I love long car rides with my honey.  It is so nice to talk without interruption from our kids.  I don't even remember what we talked about actually, but just that we got to talk.  That's enough to make me smile. :)


Once in Phoenix, we got settled and headed to the Mesa Temple for the wedding.  It was mid-day and hot, but wonderful nonetheless. 




After the sealing, we headed back to the hotel to hang out with our friends.  It was so nice to catch up.  There was lots of reminiscing and laughing.  Then we were all off to the ring ceremony and reception.  


















The ceremony was really nice.  We all loved how real the bishop was in his advice...for example, he told Court (Trev's friend) to look at his beautiful bride.  He then proceeded to tell him that in a few years everything will head south. :)  It was VERY funny.  But cautioned him to remember how beautiful she is and always will be.  After the delicious dinner, there was tender speeches, dancing, and cake.  It was small, simple, and perfect.  





These are some, not all unfortunately, of the TK crew.  They are all great men.  Moving forward in life from the college years, but knit together forever.  They will likely all tease me for that comment but it's true. :)

After the wedding, we did something a little naughty.  My little brother is serving his church mission in Mesa.  We found out that his apartment was only 1 mile from our hotel!  I wanted badly to see him, but I didn't want to break the mission rules.  The rascals pictured above all said I should go see him. :)  I gave in and we went. :)  And I did feel bad when I saw his Zone Leader's face who was rooming with him.  It didn't take me long to get over it when I saw my brother and how happy he is serving the Lord.  We are so proud of him.



The next day we spent more time by the pool and we went out to eat with Spencer and Kelli before they left.  We ate at this restaurant our other friend recommended, Tia Rosa.  When we pulled in, we noticed something interesting about the parking lot...there seemed to be a certain theme:


We counted 27 corvettes in the small parking lot!!!  We assumed it was a smallest wiener contest going on inside. :)

The food was delicious and the portions were huge!  We will go back here again I can assure you. :)




After lunch we headed to see Trev's sister, Megan who lives in Gilbert.  Her hubby Ernesto, is in medical school and so we didn't get to see him, but we did get to see her and the cute boys, Sawyer and Ollie.  They are such a cute family!







Trev loved rough-housing with those two boys...and I think they loved it too. :)

The next morning, we headed back home to our kids, which we were very excited about.  It's true what they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."  I missed my kids, but I have to admit, I did love that time with my honey. :) It was a great trip.  One I won't forget.





2 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like a great little getaway! So fun!!

CL said...

Looks like so much fun! You were super close to us- we're like 2 miles from Red Rock, 1 mile from Cheese Cake...good times!