Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thanksgiving AZ-style (Part 2)

After all the hoopla of Thanksgiving dinner ended...Black friday shopping began...around 9 p.m. that night actually. :)  All the ladies went our seperate ways while the husbands and children laid nestled all snug in their beds.  The next morning, the ladies met for breakfast at this yummy place called "The Egg and I."  Sad I didn't think to get a picture of this. :(  Once the women were back, the men went golfing...an absolute favorite activity for the Lighten guys.  And seriously, how can you not golf in such great weather???

During the afternoon, everyone kind of went their seperate ways, so we took our kids on a little hike to the ASU "A."  They are becoming really good hikers.  Abby peed her pants at the top, but other than that it went pretty smoothly. :)








Check out those ancient petroglyphs! 

By this time, we were all ready to eat...so the kids got Lunchables and Caprisuns, while we picked up sandwiches from one of our favorite restaurants...Capriotti's!  This is a sandwich shop we discovered, and LOVED, while living in Vegas, but they don't have them in UT.  I couldn't pass up the oppertunity to get "The Bobby" (a delectable turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce Thanksgiving dinner on a bun).  Did I mention I love Thanksgiving??? :)  Mmmmm....good!


That night we all met up at Megan and Ernesto's SWEET clubhouse they belong too...This place was AWE-SOME!!!  They have fun pools, tennis courts, and rooms you can have get-togethers in.  So we played tennis, games, and MINUTE TO WIN-IT!  This place was super fun!




























Then next day was pretty relaxing.  We swam some more at the pool, then met up for lunch at this really great park.  It was HUGE and had carnival rides, a train ride, duck pond, and of course, playgrounds.  I must have been tired of picture-taking by this point because I didn't take anymore during the rest of the trip. :)  So sorry...no photos, just envision in your minds all the fun we had. :)

That night, we finished our last night together with the kids at M&E's for a movie night while the adults went out.  The BYU game was playing at Buffalo Wild Wings so the ladies aquiesced to the boys' request to go there...until we saw the food choices and that P.F. Chang's was right next door.  So we left. :)  The boys got their game, and the girls got to chat and have a yummy meal.  It all turned out really nice actually. :)

When we picked up the kids, we all said our Good-bye's and headed back to the hotel.  Then next morning we all drove home.  Together, of course. :) 

Before I close this post, I have to take a personal moment to express how much I love Thanksgiving.  Every year it seems to get more and more slided by the upcoming Christmas holiday.  Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I just really wish their was more emphasis given to the gratitude Thanksgiving engeanders within us.  I love Thanksgiving and I could not be more grateful for my life, my Lord, and my family.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great time you all had

Lauren Howell said...

Wish we knew you were here! We live only 20 minutes from Gilbert! Looks like a good time. You have such a cute little family.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Looks like a great trip!