Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Little Tender Mercies

For about a week now, my throat has been really sore when I wake up. On Saturday night came a 102 F fever, chills, and conjestion. Those new fun items have been returning every night since then. Today, I finally went to the doctor to find out I have a sinus infection. I started my antibiotic and hope to be feeling better and back up to speed by tomorrow or the next day.
Although I have been forced to slow down a bit these last few days, I have noticed some little tender mercies as well. Here they are:
1. Sweet husband who helps from the minute he gets home!!!!
2. " "
3. The refreshing feel of a cold Dreyer's Fruit bar oozing down my burning throat.
4. Friends who send get-well treats!! (Serene - Cookie Dough/Rachel - Banana bars with icing)
5. My sweet oldest daughter thoroughly enjoying the opportunity to try and nurse me back to health with constant refills of ice water, cool washcloth for my fevered forehead, and even a hand-sewn (that's right!) stuffed heart for me to snuggle.
6. A son who loves to make me laugh, even when I don't feel like it.
7. Women who are in infinitely more difficult positions than me, who blog and inspire me to keep going.
8. Last but certainly not least, the Spirit of the Lord opening my eyes to things I would not see if I had not been forced to slow down.
Maybe being sick once in a while isn't so bad...

3 comments:

Megan said...

Kasey! I'm sorry you've been sooo sick, I didn't realize it was so bad :( I thought you just wanted to get out of a family party ;) I hope the antibiotics work amazing tricks and you're ready to hang out with my in no time!

Carina said...

I had no idea you were that sick!! I'm glad you are feeling better now :)

Nikki said...

Oh kas, I had no idea you were sick. You sweet thing. And I've seen you at least three times since Saturday. Get better!!