Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Still not home...

Hi everyone,
You get to hear from me (Kasey) this time. :) I just wanted to give an update. We are sad to report that our little girls are STILL not home. :( We are baffled, and all the nurses and doctors are baffled as well. For those of you who don't know, the girls are perfectly healthy...they just have to learn to eat and then they can come home. There are a number of feeding "tests" they have to pass before they can be released. So far we just finished our 3rd round of tests and they are close but still not passing. As of today, they are both "resting" and will start "testing" again in 2 days. Hopefully by then they will be strong enough to get through them. Please keep our little girls in your prayers. IF things go well they could be home by this weekend...
I also can't thank you all enough, especially our families, ward, and friends for all the love, babysitting, food, and words of encouragement and support you have given our family throughout this entire ordeal. We love you guys and feel very blessed by all your Christlike service and love. I cannot express enough how grateful to be surrounded by such wonderful, thoughtful people. We are praying for you and your families and have felt your continued prayers for ours. Hopefully we will be out of this soon.
By the way, the girls passed their due date on Monday and Abby is now weighing 7 lbs. 4 oz. and Claire is 6 lbs. 9 oz.

10 comments:

The Foulgers said...

I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. I can't wait to meet those precious girls!

Natalie said...

they are growing, that is a good sign! We will keep you in our prayers. You must be soo anxious to get the little ones home!

kimbo said...

I'm so glad to hear how big they are! That's great. But so sad that they aren't home yet. That must be such a strain on your whole family. We will keep you all in our prayers.

Faith said...

Oh you guys! I'm so sorry they're still there. Imagine how much easier life will feel soon. We love you and are thinking of you often.

Jill said...

We think about you guys all the time and are crossing our fingers for you guys to get your babies home soon!!! After they come home your whole family can just hibernate for a few weeks and enjoy being all together for Christmas. Good luck with those little beauties. I can't believe they are only a few days younger than Oaklee.

Heather said...

ahhh...dang it! We want those babies home so we can snug them! sorry, I am so sad for you guys. It is super sad not to be with your babies. Love you !

The Blackham3 said...

I hope today was a "good" day. I am sorry the girls love me so much they want to stay in the hospital. I had a big discussion with them last night after you left, they agreed to do better, and go home in 2-3 days!!! Yea!

Beck said...

Thats amazing! Their weight now on their due date is totally an average birth weight. Very cool! Hope they get to come home this weekend.

Jilene said...

I hope that you can bring them home soon. We are praying for you!

Becky O said...

Casey, they are too cute. I cannot wait to see them. I think I saw some exciting news on your garage today!!!