Thursday, October 27, 2011

These 2 turn 3!!!


On Oct. 1st, my babies turned 3!  This is pretty crazy for me.  Maybe because for the first time as a mother I have not had another baby following along behind them. :)  These two are my babies that are not babies anymore.  They are in "big girl beds," just about potty-trained, no high chairs, no bibs, no "bobbas."  No more babies.  Just growing big girls. 

I have to admit, I love being out of the baby-stage. :)  I loved it when I was there, but I am enjoying being out of it. :)  It may not be the last time I am in it, but for right now, I am out and enjoying it! :)  More on that another time...maybe when I actually figure out whether or not Trev and I are done having more kids. ;)

So for the girls' bday, we did a couple of things.  A&C both LOVE, LOVE, LOVE animals, so we decided to take them out to dinner at Barbacoa and to Hee-Haw Farms to celebrate!  In addition to the typical presents and cupcakes at home of course. :)

Due to inclement weather, the festivities turned into a 2-day affair.  We went out to dinner and then as we were on our way to Hee-Haw Farms, we noticed we were heading straight into a HUGE rain cloud.  So we scrapped the idea and just went home to do cake and presents.  This last minute change wasn't incredibly well received by the youngsters, but we "PINKY PROMISED" that the next nice day, we would go to see the "anmals." (animals in A&C language)

So here is Party #1:  Dinner & Gifts 



The clan at dinner.  Since the girls were born, we SELDOM take them all out to dinner at a restaurant.  Mainly because of 2 reasons: it's expensive, and more importantly, it gets crazy with trying to keep all 4 kids from interrupting those around us due to INTENSE excitement. :)  This time it was pretty nice actually.  Not too crazy, and yummy food that the kids actually ate. :) 


Now onto the presents...pillow pets and coloring books...and fall cupcakes they got to decorate...Yum!








Party #2: Off to the Farm...(definately the highlight) :)

First stop...the "anmals."










Then off to the slide, haystacks, farm toys, pony rides, and corn pit...SERIOUSLY, does it get any better than this for a kid???

















Last but certainly not least, the hayride and pumpkin-picking in the pumpkin patch.








I have to comment about this picture because it is a pretty accurate portrayal of each one of our kids' personalities.  Morgan, sweet and sitting perfectly, trying to please her parents in every way.  Jake, making faces trying to make us laugh...this is his M.O. for sure.  Abby, (top left) making no mistake as to how she if feeling or what she think of what is going on around her.  She sports this face somewhat often. :)  Lastly, Claire, staring off into the distance, looking for the next adventure.  I am suprised she sat still long enough to even get the picture.  She has always been super-independent and a total explorer.  What an accurate snap-shot this picture has become to me. :)

Happy Birthday to my big girls!  Love you more that words can express. :) -Mom

No comments: