Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jake's BIG accomplishment!

Jake learns to swing all by himself!

Over the last few weeks, when the weather started to get a little warmer, my girls have fallen in love with swinging!  They love it, and want to do it all day long...especially Abby.  The only problem is...I have to push them.  Constantly.  For massive periods of time.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it.  But they don't particularly like it when I have to stop. :)  That's putting it lightly.  But who can blame them...it is fun. :)

Once swinging became a major hit in our house, I suddenly realized that Jake still didn't know how to swing on his own.  Try pushing a 45 lb. kid, in addition to 2 little girls.  You get quite a workout.  So I started working with Jake trying to help him learn how to pump his legs.  It took a couple weeks, but I am proud to say that HE GOT IT!  He is very good and doesn't even need a push to get started anymmore either!  Wahoo!!!  Great job bud!



Getting started...fully determined.





Gaining momentum...



Happy, grown-up boy!

This is a big moment.



1 comment:

Maughan"sters" said...

This must also be the reason that my boys want to be playing in your backyard constantly!! Can you teach Luke how to pump too!!!