Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter at the Lightens

Can I just start by saying, I love Easter?  The candy, eggs, egg hunts, dressy clothes, spring-time, and of course the true reason, reflecting on the Resurrection of our Savior.  I just love the feelings this holiday brings.  This year was no different.

We hung around here mostly, but had a couple fun Easter Egg Hunts with extended family and neighbors.  Sunday morning we woke up to filled Easter baskets, had a delicious bacon, egg, and hashbrown breakfast...then hunted for Easter eggs in the backyard.  





Not thinking, we put Daisy outside during breakfast. She decided to get a "head start" on hunting eggs.  We later looked out there and saw about 7 or 8 plastic eggs all opened and empty, laying in a little pile on the grass.  Hmmm... Rascal!  The kids got the rest.  Sorry guys. :)  They didn't seem to notice.  Afterward, I took some pics of them in their super-cute dressy clothes my sweet Aunt Vicky and her family sent in one of their great care packages!  They turned out darling!  











To close out this post, I just want to take a moment and share some of the beliefs I hold dear about my Savior.  I know that He lives.  I feel and see His hand in my life constantly.  I am who I am, and have the ability to become who I am meant to be, because of His selfless sacrifice long ago.  I love my Savior, and would feel ungrateful if I did not mention Him.  Especially at this time of the year.  I feel His love, and just wish to publicly express my love for Him this morning.  If you don't currently know Him, I encourage you to seek Him.  I would be honored to assist you in anyway I can on your journey to find Him.  He's there waiting for you.  You just have to start looking.  I share these thoughts with you in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Your family is so sweet and adorable!! The pictures are beautiful. And your testimony just as wonderful!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony! And I love the Easter outfits!