Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby!

Our little angel...just turned 6!!!!

A few of my friends starting posting "over the years" pictures of their kids on their birthday. What a fab idea!...I am stealing it! :) So from now on I will take a little trip down my photo gallery for my kids on their bdays. Here is the first one...my angel, Morgan.

When Morgan was born, Trev and I had just moved down to Las Vegas, Nevada. We had both just finished college at BYU. I was beginning my life as a stay-at-home mommy, and Trev had just begun his career with Schering-Plough Pharmaceuticals (now Merck) as a Sales Rep. Not to get too sappy, but it was the beginning of our little family, and we could not have been more blessed to have it start with Morgan.

What I remember about her as a baby: for the first 2 months she cried A LOT! Two reasons - both of which I wish I would have figured out sooner - 1. she had thrush, so it hurt and stung EVERYTIME she would eat (which is really all they do at that point)...I didn't even know it for about 2 weeks, until my sister-in-laws showed up for her blessing and told me. I was a very new, and inexperienced mommy. 2. she DID NOT want to be rocked to sleep!! You always think your baby will NEED you to help them fall asleep...we only kept her up by trying. Every time she would nap (which is the other thing they do at that age) she would scream...and we would walk around the house bouncing her, trying to get her to go to sleep. Finally, one day Trev and I decided to try to just lay her in her bed and let her "cry" it out. She cried for about 2 seconds, then drifted off to sleep!!!! She didn't want us to rock her, she just wanted to be put to bed!!! Also, something I wish I would have figured out earlier. She also was not too fond of ANYONE else but Trev and I for quite awhile. So we spent A LOT of time together in these early years. :) One thing you always loved was being outside. We were blessed to live in Vegas, because in those times when you were really sad, I would put you in the stroller and take you and Daisy on a walk around the neighborhood. That always seemed to calm you down. It was such a blessing to live in a warm climate so we could go out with a new baby in the middle of winter. :)

2 months old at Mom's graduation ceremony at BYU
Hanging out at Grandma and Grandpa Lighten's beautiful Cali home. They only lived 4 hours away so we would occasionally go visit them on weekends. We would hang out at the beach, lay by the pool, nap, etc. These were such fun getaways for us.

You have also always liked the water. We went swimming A LOT living in Vegas...
When you were about 3 1/2 we moved from Vegas to Lehi, Utah. This is you on your first Halloween here...a fairy, of course. :)
Your smile is contagious.

Right before we moved to Lehi, my friend convinced me to cut your hair because it wasn't growing. I did it, and it took a little while, and a comment about you being my son, before your hair grew into what it is today...STUNNING!!! Everyone always tells me how beautiful your hair is and I agree. I mean seriously, gorgeous locks!



All I can say is that with you it has been quite a wonderful ride, and I can't wait to see what is next for you. You have soccer coming up in the spring, and in the fall you will start 1st grade. You will be gone at school all day long! This thought saddens me. You make my days bright. You say the FUNNIEST, WITTIEST things. You are incredibly helpful. Your brother and sisters adore you so much. We love you dearly, and feel so blessed that Heavenly Father sent you to our family. I love you more than I can say...Happy Birthday baby!

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Great photos and a lovely snapshot of your life.

CL said...

Happy Birthday Morgan. Seriously, six? I'll always remember your mom's first visit to my house when she brought little sweet you. It was so fun to hold you!

Megan said...

Happy belated birthday Morgan!! What a gorgeous girl...I love the pic of you in the beanie :) I can't wait to be around more to see you sweetie-pie! LOVE YOU!

Jessica said...

wow i love her she is growing up so dang fast!!