Monday, November 24, 2014

It's a Girl!!!

I have been on a bit of a blogging hiatus lately...trying to get settled in our new place, kids settled in new schools, organized, ya know...transitioning from all the shakes I discussed in the last post. :)

AND adding another final big shake...we are having another baby!!!  Baby #5!

And it's another girl!!! 

Trev and I have been "trying" to have another baby for about 2 1/2 years now.  I say trying but really I mean not preventing and leaving it all in the Lord's hands.  We were both fine with being done but didn't feel like we should close any doors on our family-size yet.  So we kept the option open and just waited to see what Heavenly Father had in store.

We waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Finally, about the time that I told Trev that I thought perhaps we should just be done, and that it seemed like everyone (including God) was fine with that; that I found out I was pregnant! :)  

I seriously think Heavenly Father just chuckles at me sometimes.  

We found out about a week after moving.  It was really funny actually!

I kept it under my hat for a while because I wasn't sure how far along I was...

then I forgot to post it when I found out I was almost 12 weeks along...

THEN I thought, well we might as well just wait to announce it for when we find out whether it is a girl or boy.

Last Thursday we found out and finally made the official announcement on Facebook with these pictures. 





Jake had been praying for a brother for a long, long time.

In fact, when I told him we were finally going to have another baby his response was "YES!!!  NOW I GET A BROTHER!!!"

Me: "Ummmm...Buddy, it might be a girl."

J: "It better NOT be a girl!"

So from that time forward, I started prepping him for have a sister, but openly hoping his prayer for a brother would be answered.

Well, Heavenly Father decided that we need another princess and we are all so excited!

Including Jake who actually took the news much better than I thought he would.  He didn't cry, and even thanked God that night in our family prayer for having another little girl coming to our family!  I was thoroughly impressed with him. :)

We are all really excited and can't wait to meet this new little lady in April.  She will be our spring chick. :)

We call her Baby Peanut right now, but she will probably be called Eliza Jane Lighten. :)

No comments: