Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Easter 2014

Sometimes life just speeds by. 

All the time actually.

But now and then you find pictures that remind you of something that was wonderful, but your finite mind and the rush of the everyday, coupled with the passing of time caused you to forget.

Even though you feel bad for forgetting it, it is probably a good thing that the only memories you have left of the event are the ones captured in the photo.  

The photo where everyone is smiling.  

There are no signs of stress or frustration...just happiness and smiles all around.

Easter was one of those events for me.

It came and went like a spring blossom.  And to tell the truth I didn't remember it.  But the other day I was looking through my photos trying to get caught up on my family's history book - aka my blog - and I found the Easter pictures.  As I started to edit them, the memories came flooding back.  

So before they leave my mind again, I thought I better capture them here.


"Our Easter - 2014"

For Easter this year we were lucky enough to have some of our favorite visitors - my cousin, Jordan and her hubby, Peter Pieper.  We lovingly refer to them as PP&J.  They were traveling through on their way to Colorado for the summer.

They were also kind enough to stay and watch our kids while we took a Mexico adventure...more on that to come. :)

To celebrate Easter we did our traditional Easter Egg coloring/painting party.  We started painting eggs awhile back and I love this new tradition.  It takes longer than just dipping them, and the kids get to develop their artistic talents.  Love that!

Some took it pretty seriously.







We also put our new popcorn popper to good use.  So delicious!





End results. 




Love that she made a "Choose the Right" egg.  Easter is a perfect time to remind us to follow our Savior's example in all we do.

Then came the usual Easter Egg hunt.  This year, much to the chagrin of my family, I made the kids all get dressed in their new Sunday clothes and take pictures BEFORE we hunted eggs.  You would have thought Super-nanny had just shown up and told them to do tons of chores.  The moaning and groaning was at it's peak.

But all these years I have dreamed of cute Easter Egg hunt pictures where my kids look pressed and dapper as they run around hunting eggs with wide smiles on their faces.  The running and smiling faces always happens but I sort of wanted them to look less than homeless for a change.

The nice thing was that even though they thought I was cruel, they played along nicely because they knew they weren't hunting a single egg until I had good pictures. :)  

All is fair in love and Easter eggs.

Here they are all gussied up:





See they don't look too traumatized...I will probably do this each year from here on out. :)

Then came the long anticipated Egg hunt...









Afterwards we headed off to church (lds.org) and felt the Spirit reaffirm the divinity of our Savior and His Atonement and Resurrection.

How grateful I am for my Savior.  He heals, strengthens, and redeems me.  He is my example and friend.  How I love Him.

How I love Easter and how it fills my thoughts of Him, and who I can be because of Him.


Happy Easter!  

1 comment:

Ammon and Bre said...

I think I may have to steal your painting eggs idea. Those are some of the most beautiful Easter eggs I've ever seen. Beautiful eggs, beautiful family, beautiful memories. Thanks for sharing!