Friday, January 10, 2014

Morgan's Ballroom Performance and the Festival of Trees

This gorgeous girl is our 4th grader.




One of the great things about being a 4th grader, is that you have the opportunity to dance on the ballroom team at the elementary school.  Morgan has been looking forward to this moment ever since the ballroom team performed at their school assembly almost 2 years ago.

Her 4th grade year came, and when the sign-ups went around she was super-excited.  It was her turn!

So since September, Morgan and her ballroom team have been dancing 2 days a week after school.  They are learning the Foxtrot, Tango, Cha-Cha, and Swing.  They are also learning courtesy, propriety, respect, and body control - which  I love!  

Right before Christmas, they had their first ballroom performance at the Utah Festival of Trees.


I was really excited because I have always wanted to go to the Festival of Trees, but somehow kept missing it each year.  This was the perfect opportunity and I just KNEW the kids would love it as well.

Morgan got out of school for the performance and I decided to take Jake out to support his sister and enjoy all the amazing Christmas trees.  Trev even met us there and we all sat in the audience waiting for Morgan's big ballroom debut!


The pictures aren't great of the dance but see if you can spot her...we could and that is what counts right? :)  They danced to "Feliz Navidad."  It was adorable!




(She is the front row, far right on that one above.)

They did a great job!  I love to see her doing things like this because it makes all the hard-work worth it.  Plus it is helping her grow and learn how to maneuver her maturing body.  When your tall like she is it can get a little tricky at times. :)

How proud we are of our little dancer!  She was fabulous!


Supporting our ML was definitely the highlight of our time there.  The rest of the 15 minutes we spent get concessions because everyone was "STARVING" (they weren't - just saying); and the kids being fiesty.  I quickly realized that my carefully laid plan to walk up and down the aisles of amazing trees dripping with wonder and awe from myself and my kids was not going to pan out.  Finally, after they told Miss Teen Utah to her face that they DID NOT want to take a picture with her; I asked them if they wanted to leave, to which they all were in agreement - much to my disappointment.  
So we headed back home and I silently vowed in the car that next year I would come with Trev on a date instead. :)

It still boggles my mind...how did they not care to see all those impeccably amazing trees???

Hmmmm...oh well.  The real reason we were there was to support Morgan and that was certainly accomplished - you can't really complain about that. :)

No comments: