Thursday, March 24, 2011

Has it been that long already? :)

I thought about feeling bad that it is already March and I still haven't posted...but then again, I have 4 little ones that keep me "hopping" (like that Easter reference? :), and so I NEED to not feel guilty.  So no guilt, just memories for this post. :)

Recap: I will start with a little recap of what we have been up to.  January was normal January.  Cold, back to school from Xmas break, breaking in all the new toys from Xmas, and the girls getting sick. :)  Unfortunately, getting sick is somewhat common for my little girls.  So I have come to expect it, I guess.  I also let Morgan have a L.G.N.O (little girls' night out) party at our house.  There were about 13 little girls, pj's, sleeping bags, pillow pets, pizza, popcorn, Despicable Me Movie, and loads of giggles.  They had a blast and it was a great way to break up a boring January. :)
February was also pretty typical...it's always a crazy month for us.  We have Valentine's Day, President's Day Weekend, Morgan's Birthday, Trev and my anniversary, and my Birthday.  It is always very fun but also very busy.  Plus it's all crammed into the shortest month of the year.  I have pics to post of all the events...we'll see if I get them up or not.  Cross your fingers. :)  If not, at least I have them for my memories. :)  No guilt, right??!
Of all the fun things we did in February, probably all our favorites was we took a trip down to Phoenix, Arizona.  We were trying to go visit Trev's sister Megan and her cute boys, but they wound up coming to Utah at the same time...so they were nice enough to let us stay at their house! :)  We took the kids and my little sister Jessica.  It was so great!  We went to parks, fed ducks, rode scooters, ran, ate out, went to movies, rode a carousel, and even got Morgan's ears pierced!  It was tons of fun and we can't wait to go again...next time when we can actually hang out with Megan's fam. :)
So now we are into March.  It's been a good month...but again, more sickness for the girls. :(  In fact, 2 weeks ago they both had ear infections, and RSV!  Don't worry, it wasn't so bad...just felt bad for them.  And a little for me. :)
So that is where we have been.  Just normal family life.  Oh and did I mention, I am training to run another marathon? :)  Well, it's true.  I have been training since the end of January with 3 of my girlfriends.  It's going well, and I am enjoying it.  My race is on May 21st...Jake's bday. :)  Don't worry we will be celebrating it before...the only thing I am going to want to do after running 26.2 miles is come home and relax. :)  Wish me luck. :)

Enough talk...let's see some pics!

In January my little sister, Jessica, and I took the kids to a Winter Wonderland night at the Dinosaur Museum by our house.  The museum does a themed family night each Monday and we have gone to quite a few of these over the years.  They are really cute, the kids love them, and they are all free with your membership!  It's a perfect set-up for us.  So this particular night it was all about snow.  They had "Ice fishing", "Snowball Throwing", "Snowman-Making", and even a hunt for bundled up dinos.  The kids always love these nights and it was so fun to have my sister there to enjoy the festivities with us...plus it's always nice to have an extra set of hands around to grab bolting children. :)  So without further adue...here is our Night at the Museum...

   Morgan cathing her first fish!

Jake throwing "snowballs"

Collecting Prizes!  Gotta love that!

Hunting for "warm" dinos!

Notice the gloves and scarf?  She did!

Last, not certainly not least, making little snowmen out of cookies, frosting, pretzels, and chocolate chips!




Some customers were only interested in eating the cookies. :)  That's my girls!

No comments: