Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas Care Packages and Rainbow Pancakes

It is mid-January and I am just now getting around to finish my Christmas posts. :)  That's just how it goes I guess. :) 

Every year, (and recently every few months) my super-nice Aunt Vicky and her family sends my kids care packages...you may have seen prior posts, but they usually show up around the big holidays.  My kids TOTALLY look forward to these because they are always so fun!  There is just something about a big brown package showing up on your doorstep, knowing that there are presents and delicious treats inside just waiting to be devoured, that just puts a HUGE smile on your face.  This Christmas however, my Aunt TOTALLY out-did herself.  We were SPOILED ROTTEN.  This year there was not only 1 big box, but 5!!!  That's right...5 huge boxes!  I thought my kids and I were going to pass out with excitement.  I had to call her later and tell her she did not need to do all of that!  I told you, she is super-nice!  Thank you again, Vicky.

Each kid had their own box, and there was a box for the family.  The kids loved every single second of opening these, and afterward, my living room looked like a bomb had gone off!  Those little puffy, packaging peanuts were EVERYWHERE!  But the we loved it!  Here are some of the pics.  I got video of them opening them, but I am still not sure how to put it on here.  Trev will have to help me with that.  I took a lot of pics of the kids opening them as well, but being the super-smart person I am, I forgot to put in a memory card in the camera!  Realized a little too late.  But here are some pics of the things they got, and also of the kids enjoying the spoils.



Tinkerbell PJ's, EasyBake Oven, Hair styling supplies, and candy, of course!


Buzz Lightyear PJ's, How To Train Dragon Viking gear, new hat and gloves, and more candy.



Minnie Mouse Christmas nightgowns (which are still their preferred bedtime attire today), barking puppies, and even more candy.




A Bronco flag for Trev (which is lovingly hanging in our garage right next to the Cougar flag), delicious baking treats equipped with frosting, and my personal favorite, the home-made treats!  Cookies, brownies, chocolate-dipped pretzels, and even chocolate-dipped pink frosted circus animal cookies.  My aunt knows her niece very well!  We love you guys and thanks again for the super-amazing gifts! 

On to Rainbow Pancakes...one Saturday morning Trev took Jake to go do some man-stuff, so it was just us girls at home.  We decided to spice up breakfast a bit by making RAINBOW PANCAKES!  I saw this on my friend, Nikki's blog, and thought my girls would love it.  It is super-easy, just make pancake mix and add food coloring to it.  It was a major hit, and could become a regular dish in our home.  :)






Next post will show the Christmas Parties, and pics of Christmas at our house.  :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

The care packages are a lovely thought - I am very impressed that Megan has her very own oven :-)

Love the pancakes.