Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Family Picture Time! :)

It's that time of year again...Christmas cards....ummm...need a photo! :)  Each year my SUPER-SWEET/TALENTED S-I-L Heather takes our family pictures for us.  She takes them, and then I do the editing.  It is a WONDERFUL set-up for me!  There are 2 major reasons in particular I am grateful for her help:
               1.  I am a photographer as well...so I can be a bit picky with pictures.  I admire Heather's talent and so feel perfectly safe having her do them.
               2.  As my family grows, the more and more difficult the family picture-taking experience becomes.  Being the auntie of my kiddos, I know she will still think they are sweet...even after seeing them in this o-so-fun setting. :)
Did I mention she is the best???!!!  Thanks again, H!

We do a family photo shoot every year, however, this year's family picture-taking experience was actually split into 2 photo shoots...that's right folks...I did this twice!  Here is how it went:

Photo Shoot #1:  Being a photographer myself, and in a jam, needing an updated picture of my kids for a craft I was doing...I actually took the kids to Thanksgiving Point and did a photo shoot of just them.  Trev was out of town and I was all by myself, however, I needed to have the print of the picture the very next day for my craft.  I knew getting a good picture would be a challenge, considering the ages of my kids (6,4, 2-2 year olds); but I had to try.   After scrambling around to find outfits that at least went together, and reminiscing on previous failed attempts to get all 4 our my kiddos to look at me/smile/hold still for a group picture the whole time...I decided to start PLEADING with the only person who I knew could help me...Heavenly Father.  I BEGGED Him for 2 things: 1. to help me get just 1 picture that I could use for my craft, 2. help me not to freak out on my kids. :)  It is amazing how He answers our prays...even when we set the terms.
 When we got to the location, I could already feel my pulse rising.  "Father, I need help with this...please keep me calm."  Calming feeling came.  Took the first few photos...GOT THE ONE I needed!  Thank you Father.
I decided to keep going just try to get as many as I could of them together, and also individual ones.  Why not right??  I mean, I am already here.  My composure stayed calm.  NO mom-melt-downs.  The quick shoot ended  abruptly with Jake smashing his finger between 2 large pieces of stone and screaming his head off.  STILL no melt-down on my part!  Amazing right??!!  Thanks to help from above (thank you Father), here are the pics I was able to capture.
Jake's smile is pretty cheesy...but he was TRYING so hard to be good, that I couldn't be mad.  This is the best you get with little ones this age. :)
Love...
Love...
Love...
Love...
Love...I am really pleased with how the individuals turned out. :)

PHOTO SHOOT #2:  Now that I had ones of my kiddos...I needed some of all of us (Christmas Card/Update for Gma's and my walls at home).  This is where Heather came in.  I just wanted a family pic/Trev and I together/and Trev and I with the kids.  It was a quick shoot...taken at my M-I-L's beautitul home in Suncrest.  Love the ones we got!  Here they are:













I love getting our pictures done...after they are done.  The experience is not fun, but the results always melt my heart.  I truly believe when I am old, and looking back over the years of raising my sweet kids, I will cherish/and probably sob over these images.  That is why, even though it is a pain to do the photo shoots - we will keep doing them every year. :)


3 comments:

Nikki said...

Kasey, I love the pictures! How beautiful you all look! Everyone in the family looks so happy!!

Beck said...

So cute! The family ones turned out WAY cute! Lucky!!!! So beautiful. Love them!

kimbo said...

Beautiful family!