Saturday, October 3, 2015

Pickle and Pepper turn 7!

Well, last I posted, I had just had my sweet baby Eliza.

It is now hmmm...only 6 months later.

Not too shabby I think. :)

I am finally feeling like I am settling into my new normal and am excited to get back into documenting our family on this blog.  I truly love pictures and blogging so this is quite fun and rejuvenating to get back to it a little.

I will try to catch up a little going forward, but tonight I just want to blog about Abby and Claire getting one year older and partying like it's 1999! :)

Before I go into the PAR-TAY, here is our traditional birthday breakfast.

The girls picked cinnamon rolls, eggs, sausage, and fruit.

The rest of us showered them with gifts from the heart.









Next, they headed off to school and celebrated more with lots of love from their friends and classmates.

Once school was out it was party time!

This year they got a "friend" party.  We do these every other year, but as luck would have it - these two have only had 2 (counting this one) in their whole lives! So this year, I thought I better make it good.

And I think we blew it out of the park fun!  (a little too much actually - I was WORN OUT by the end!)  

We invited a whole slew of girls and had a mini-carnival in the backyard; complete with face-painting, a bounce house, games, and even a dunk tank!
















Ok, before I go on...let me officially introduce my little Liza Lou to this blog (I have more pics of her that I will post later in my catch-up stages).

She is definitely the cutest baby on the planet in my totally unbiased opinion. :)







She loved the party and was definitely a hit attraction for all.  

I mean seriously?!  Right?!

Oh how we are smitten with her. :)

Ok back to the festivities...




































Then came the presents.  Oh how Abby and Claire LOVED their gifts!

These two girls are super girly and have a total obsession with the Ty Beanie Boos.

Well clearly their friends know them well because every gift was a total hit...and they got a whole bunch of new Beanie Boos!! :)













I didn't get any pictures of the cake and ice cream but they all sure loved that too. :)  We sent their guests home with some bags of cotton candy and our girls went to bed feeling like the rockstars they are.

I have to admit this party took it out of me, but I was so glad to have these pictures to look back on and see how much fun everyone actually had.  Sometimes I tend to miss all the glowing moments when I am trying to keep everything running smoothly.  I was spent by the end, but then looking back over these pictures just filled me right back up again!

Oh how much I wanted them to feel special on their big day, and they did.  Mission accomplished!

Do you see why I love pictures so much??  They remind me of just exactly how much fun I am having in this crazy adventure called life. :)

And even if the whole party had been a total flop, those darling pictures of Liza made it all worth it. ;)

Isn't she gorgeous?! :)

More to come...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had by all

Maughan"sters" said...

Kasey, you captured some of the greatest moments! I love these pictures! I miss these cute girls so much...especially their giggles! I hope they had the perfect birthday! You sure put on a great party for them!