Friday, January 31, 2014

A Birthday Post about 3 Months Late :)

A little over 5 years ago, these two changed our lives forever.




They came to our family unexpectedly, and way too early.  When they were born, it seemed as though the whole world revolved around them.  Ours certainly did.  Which is as it should have been.

Morgan was only 4 at the time, and Jake 2.




It was such a whirlwind that I remember when Abby and Claire turned 3, I thought, "I honestly don't remember my life for the last 3 years.  It just seems like a big blur!"  

Well, fast forward to today.  October 1st, (3 months ago) and these darlings turned 5!!!



I can HONESTLY say, I don't know how that happened!  But I do know how we celebrated. :)

It was a day where once again, our world revolved around them.  As it should have been. 

They started out snuggled up, playing our phones in our bed.  Not bad. :)




Then we had their birthday breakfast where they got to open their gifts.  I think they sort of liked them.  Morgan and Jake had gone to the store and bought them gifts with their own hard-earned cash.  They could not wait to have the girls see what they picked out.  The girls were in heaven and boy do those big kids know their little sisters!















Lucky ducks!

Abby and Claire are all about anything girly so the rest of the day was pretty much spent doing anything feminine and prepping for our family party that night (we only do friend parties on the even years).









The party was low-key.  Games in the backyard and a 5 year Princess photo shoot.





Then Princess cake and ice cream.  






Such a fun day!  One that always reminds me how much change and light these girls brought to our lives.  I can't even imagine life without them.

Here are a 5 things I love about each of these girls:

Abby - 
1.  She is so sweet.  Truly a heart-melter!   And boy does she have her daddy wrapped around her little fingers.  She is so kind to everyone and always the first to say sorry.
2.  She is funny.  She loves to make others laugh and has the most animated faces.  My favorite thing she does right now is she will cock her head, point her finger, and wink at you.  LOVE that! :)
3.  She is so girly.  She loves big skirts, make-up, Barbies and Princesses, and Pet Shops.  They literally play these every day.
4.  She surprises me.  Abby has always been just a little more cautious than Claire, but now and then she will do things that not even Claire will try without seeing them done first.  She will still let Trev toss her in the air, just not as high as Claire. :)
5.  She is so smart.  She connects things in her mind and is always processing what is going on around her.  I think she gets that from Morgan and me.  We are like that too.  Abby is A LOT like her sister, Morgan. :)

Claire - 
1.  She is such a lover.  She is adventurous and out-going but will snuggle me whenever I ask.
2.  She is very social and loves to play with friends.  But by far her best friend is Abby.  They play together every day and rarely fight.  Claire is always up for any game - even if Abby constantly wants to be the girl and wants Claire to be the boy. :)  Most of the time she is great about it.  In the times when she is not, Abby is willing to concede the girl part just so Claire will keep playing.  Claire is a great sport.
3.  She reminds me how to find joy in the littlest things.  She notices tiny things that make her smile.  She shares them with me and I love it.
4.  She is tender.  Sometimes she gets her feelings hurt and she will let out the saddest cry.  A truly heartbroken sob.  Then she will run to me for comfort.  She is always quick to forgive but she has a soft heart.  Adore that about her.
5.  She is a lot like her brother.  They are both funny, passionate, and loving.  Often times when I have wondered how to help her with something I am constantly prompted to think about what I did to help Jake with the same thing - which usually works for her.  She may look just like Abby but her and Jake are pretty much personality twins. :)  Truly kindred spirits.

Abby and Claire went from "the babies" to "the matching girls."  They melted our hearts then and continue to today.  How we adore them.

Happy Birthday girls!  We love you more than words can say. :)


    

4 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Such cute girlies!!

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday Girls :-)

Lynz said...

True Princesses! I can hear them giggling now ;)

Unknown said...

Very often Olivia ask for Abby and Claire, and when we talk about Utah she always say how much she miss then.... I can totally hear then giggling....
Carine Kiss.