Friday, July 6, 2012

The Work Side of Summer Camp

So my previous posts have shown some of the fun things we have done with our little "summer camp", but there is a major work element involved as well.


Each day, the kids have a checklist of six categories they have to do.


Categories are as follows:
 Reading (20 mins)
 Writing (10 mins)
 Physical Activity (20-30 mins)
 Home Jobs (Room and 2 others of my choosing)
 Practice (Determined by the summer goals they 
           set for themselves)
 Extra (One extra item in a category of their 
        choice)


They get a check mark for each thing they do each day in each category.  Their allowance at the end of the week is determined by how many checks they get.  A portion of their allowance is used for fun things they want to do (i.e. visit the Zoo, go to Lagoon, day at Cowabunga Bay, etc.)


So this is what is going on in home most mornings these days.















This represents what I do most mornings:





Yeah right!  I wish. :)


These last couple are just some I had to include for the fun of it, and because I just like them. :)





We sure love our Daisy-girl. :)

No comments: