Thursday, December 20, 2012

Returning with Honor

Two years ago we sent my little brother Kyle, off on his LDS church mission to Tempe, Arizona.

On his mission he would learn, love, work, serve, and share the gospel with the people there.  

We thought of and prayed for him constantly.  My heart would swell just thinking of the work he was engaged in and how it would not only change his life, but others lives as well.

I remember how much I LOVED to hear Jake pray for him.  He would pray for him ALL the time. I loved the example my brother was setting for my son.

Well, the time has flown by, and 2 weeks ago he returned with honor.  Trev and I met my family up at the airport to welcome him home.

Here we all are, family and friends waiting for the arrival of our missionary...




Only problem was that we were waiting in the WRONG TERMINAL!  Ahhh...yeah, we missed him. :)

Once we realized we were in the wrong place, we all booked it over to the next building where he had been waiting for about 20 minutes!!  Surrounded by 4 other missionaries returning and being swallowed up in the arms of their families!  SAD!!

My little sister Jessica was the first to see him.  She yelled, "KYLE WE ARE SO SORRY!"  He replied, "WHERE WERE YOU?" :)  Poor guy. :(

Kind of humorous though honestly. :)

After that little snaffoo...it was excitement, love, and hugs all around!








Maybe a little too much love...:)


Now where is that poster again???

OH yes, there we go!


After the airport reunion, we headed to Chili's for some lunch and my other little brother (both of which are bigger than me now) and his girlfriend Caitlin, met up with us.  The had just driven in from Aspen, Colorado where they live...not bad huh??




We are sure proud of our missionary and happy he is home.  Not for long however, in 2 more weeks he heads up to BYU-I for school!  

Love you little brother. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Welcome home to your brother! How funny that you were in the wrong terminal. ;)