Monday, June 18, 2012

"Make-It-Monday" Paintings

Thanks to the powerofmoms.com, and a couple other mom's examples, I decided to do a little "Summer Camp" for my kids.  I know what your thinking...it's not as structured as it sounds. :)


The premise is that the kids (M&J) have certain things they have to do each day (jobs, practice, reading, writing, etc.).  Once those "have-to-do's" are done, we get to do something fun in the afternoon.  Each day has a theme.  They are as follows:


Mon- Make It Monday
Tues - Take a Trip Tuesday
Wed - Wet Wednesday
Thurs - Thinking Thursday
Fri - Friend Friday


For more info on all of this go to www.powerofmoms.com 


I started this last week and it really has been great.  The kids do their stuff.  They don't get bored.  They are using their imaginations and not forgetting all they learned in school all year.  I feel some semblance of order, but enjoy the relaxation side of summer.  And I feel like I am being the kind of mom I want to be.  PRICELESS.


Today, for Make-It Monday, we painted portraits.  The kids enjoyed it, and I love to see their imaginations on paper.  :)














They are pretty good artists if I do say so myself. :)


Oh...and one more fun surprise of the day...we got a piano!!!  




I have wanted one of these for a VERY long time!!!  It is used, I plan on painting it, and so it didn't cost much money (as far as piano's go) but it will be a great learning piano for our family.  It works great!  We are very excited.  Morgan and I will be starting lessons soon. :)  Hooray for a new adventure!

1 comment:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love your piano. It is my dream someday to own a baby grand. Not sure if it will actually happen or not, but I might as well dream, right?